P. Duke Gardens
Terrace and Goldfish Pond
| The Sarah P. Duke Gardens on campus are a place to relax, study and
enjoy the beauty of nature. Begun in 1932, the 55-acre garden was the gift
of Mary Duke Biddle in memory of her mother Sarah P. Duke. It is open to
the public, with no admission fee.
The terraces form the gardens' historic core, with flower beds that change throughout the year. At the top of the terraces sits a wisteria-covered pergola and at the base, a fish pond and rock garden. Other garden delights include the 300-bush rose garden, the Blomquist Garden of Native Plants and the Asiatic Arboretum.